Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Tasty and Quick Fish Dish: Semi Homemade like I'm Sandra Lee

I bought some fish and was being very indecisive about how I wanted to cook it, season it, etc.

I threw it under the broiler with some olive oil, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Now what? I didn't feel like rice because the fish would be done quick and I skimped on how much produce I purchased this week at the grocery store so I resorted to my cabinet and found some couscous and black olives. And the rest is in the recipe.....

Ingredients:

white fish of any kind and any amount
sliced black olives
fresh salsa (homeemade or store bought)
couscous
cumin
lemon juice
olive juice
salt/pepper to taste

Set your oven broiler to low. Prepare fish by coating lightly with olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Cook until top starts to slightly brown about 12-15 minutes. Make couscous according to package. Drain olives and mix with fresh salsa and cumin. Once couscous is cooked, fluff with fork. Top with fish and salsa mixture.
Light and healthy!
Notes on this dish: I used roasted garlic and olive oil couscous, but any flavor will do. You can do without the cumin flavor if you would like. I buy the plastic container of fresh salsa in the produce section of the grocery store which is great over any fish or chicken dish besides being a tasty chip topper! If you are without fresh salsa but have tomatoes to dice up you can whip up some fresh salsa with some cumin, cilantro, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and lime juice if you would like. I chose to use haddock but this dish would be great with tilapia, cod, sea bass, or any thicker white flaky fish.

No comments:

Post a Comment