Monday, February 28, 2011

Quick, Easy, and Delicious...Who knew Swai was even a fish?

While doing my weekly shopping (a day late), I came across a fish called Swai. I asked the man at the counter what he would compare it to and he said similar to tilapia. At $3.99 a pound, even if it tasted like crap, it was worth trying. I am SO happy I did. I just hope they carry it more often!! If you google it, they say its from the catfish family but I am NOT a catfish fan and loved this fish!

I seasoned the swai with olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper and then topped it with some slices of red onion. I baked it for about 8 minutes at 400 degrees. It came out moist and delicious!

I have been using quinoa very frequently and came across a red variety today. Although it was good, I think for a fish accompaniment, the white quinoa would have worked better. However, I cooked it as instructed on the package and used it as a bed for my fish.

I needed a veggie and didn't feel like anything steamed and dull so I picked up some fresh snap peas and an avocado. I made a simple vinaigrette with olive oil, red wine vinegar, lime juice, salt and pepper. I then sliced the peas lengthwise so that the dressing could get into their pods. I diced some avocado and added some thinly sliced red onion and tossed them all. I needed to add something and I remembered my mom usually puts both cheese and pancetta in her version of this salad so I added a pinch of really good parmigiana reggiano. It was the perfect touch! I topped my fish with this fresh salad and it made for a great light and tasty meal after a rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment