Sunday, September 18, 2011

Chicken Fried Rice: Semi Homemade Style

This rice is so easy.  I just came up with it tonight thinking about ingredients I had and tada!!!

I made rice in a steamer but if you dont have one then make rice like you normally would. I used brown rice.

Then for my chicken, I used pieces from a rotisserie chicken I had in the fridge. I also used frozen organic veggies! Can't get much easier than that!

1 cup cooked rice
1 small onion diced
1 egg scrambled (optional)
1 cup frozen mixed veggies
1 tablespoon garlic
1 - 1 1/2 cups chicken, diced or shredded
salt and pepper
ginger (fresh or dried ground)
seasame seeds, toasted
lite soy sauce
teriyaki sauce

In a pan, heat enough oil  to coat the bottom of a pan (I used sesame but you can use vegetable oil). On one side cook the onion and garlic and on the other side, scramble the egg. Once cooked, mix them together. Add everything else but the rice. Cook for a few minutes. Add rice and toss together. I used about a tablespoon on the soy sauce and teriyaki at first and added to taste. Also, you can take out any of the ingredients or add things like snap peas or broccoli depending on your taste buds and what you have on hand!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment